Drug & Alcohol Policy
Magnolia Fleet is committed to providing a safe and productive work environment and to safeguarding our employees, the public, our property, our customers’ cargo and the environment. Magnolia Fleet recognizes that alcohol, drug, or other substance abuse by employees can impair their ability to perform safely, effectively and properly and mat have serious adverse effects on the health, safety, efficiency and productivity of other employees and Magnolia Fleet as a whole. Magnolia Fleet strives to maintain an effective zero tolerance drug and alcohol program that meets or exceeds Coast Guard and DOT standards, as well as the expectations of our customers.
- The possession, use, or sale of alcohol on company premises during work hours is strictly prohibited. Further, the possession, use, or sale of illegal drugs is prohibited at any time.
- Employees are prohibited from reporting to work under the influence of alcohol or detectable levels of controlled substances.
- An employee who is taking a prescription drug is required to present to the company a statement from the prescribing physician that the prescription drug will not impair the employee’s work performance.
- The company will require drug testing of applicants for employment in safety-sensitive positions. Any applicant who refuses to submit to the test will no longer be considered eligible for employment.
- The company will require drug testing of employees who hold safety-sensitive positions. Any employee who refuses to submit to the test will no longer be considered eligible for employment.
- Drug testing shall be conducted in accordance with DOT/USCG rules and regulations. Specifically, individuals will be tested for the presence of controlled substances (marijuana, cocaine, opiates, amphetamines, phencyclidine (PCP), and alcohol) and will be subject to pre-employment, reasonable cause, periodic, random, and post accident drug testing. Such individuals must TEST NEGATIVE for the presence of controlled substances.
- In the interest of the safety and health of its employees, the company reserves the right to inspect and search at random, unannounced times, all packages, boxes, clothing, or any personal belongings carried on or off company property.
- Drug testing may also be conducted in accordance with current contract requirements, but will not be less than as required by regulations.